Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Hello Friends, I finally finished netting the other peach tree by getting on my tall 20' ladder to put the net on it. I used the back of a broomstick and was able to thin out the peaches. That took a whole day, because it was my first time thinning the trees. If you ever see a person using the back of a broomstick handle knocking little peaches of the tree, looks like whacking the tree to death, that person is Thinning a Peach Tree! LOL Taking off about 95% of the little wee peaches and leaving only 5% on the tree so the fruit will get BIG. That sure makes you appreciate peaches! I am growing the Saturn Donut looking peach, looks like a flattened peach, but it's quite sweet with white flesh. However it seems like it's growing really really slowly...we'll see what happens.
What else...The last 3 days everyone had a stomach flu.. bleh.. but we are getting better now it seems :)
Also this week is Carolyn's last week with us at the Design Team. We'll miss her tons! We all wish her the best in her endeavors. Please go and leave her a comment
Next Week will be MMSC's One Year Anniversary!! And some Amazing Prizes will be given away! Stay tuned :)
Congratulations this week to the winners : Gold Star Award:#18 Sue Drees Remarkables award: #2 Valarie F, #25 Leigh, #35 Charlene, #37 Risa, #39 Holly, #43 America
I used this week's sponsor images from D'Amour Allure and the monthly sponsor is Sunflowers & Dragonflies. Thank you for the wonderful sponsorship prize.
This week I used D'Amour Allure image Arabella using Distress inks - Scatter straw, Teadye, Sunset -SU Banana, Versamark Pink, and Copic BV08 , BV11.
The flowers are from M5D and light blue stickles on them, and sprayed Old Lace Glimmer Mist on it. Paper: Basic Grey Wisteria
Bazzil Templates for Gems were used for the swirls. I then added pink and purple pearls.
Thanks for stopping by, hugs ~Jeni